Examples of Operations:
- following a vehicle roll-over into a ravine, the victims are rescued via motorized means.
- evacuation of an injured worker from a location that is difficult to access
- helicopter rescue operations in mountainous terrain
- technical rescue teams operate in any terrain. they have complete mastery of all progression and belay techniques on rope
- when the terrain allows, downward evacuation is preferred because of the gravity-assist
- upward evacuation is a team effort that requires perfect coordination by everyone involved. It demands techniques which are sometimes particularly complex: raising systems, creating a hauling system using lightweight pulleys, counterweight techniques